Steps for Applying to Common Application Schools
- Fill out one application for all Common Application schools at www.commonapp.org.
- Invite your counselor to complete secondary school report (SSR) by sending Mrs. Sitto or Mrs. Tankersley an email. Your transcript request will not be processed until your counselor has accepted your online invitation from Common App.
- To request a transcript through Parchment, sign-up at www.parchment.com.
- Enter your Common App ID # along with your identifying information.
- Important: Do not look up your Common Application schools in the first tab labeled Academic Destinations. You must request your transcripts by clicking the Common Application Tab, which is third tab in. You should see all the schools you are applying to with the Common App. Only one transcript request is needed for all the Common App. Schools.
- All students who require a counselor or teacher’s recommendation, please complete the Letter of Recommendation Form. The form is found outside the counseling office.
Helpful Common App Tutorial Videos
- Creating a First Year Common App Account
- A Common Application Tour
- Searching for and Adding Colleges
- Completing the School Profile
- Completing the Family Section
- Completing the Education Section
- Completing the Testing Section
- Completing the Writing Section
- Completing the FERPA Release Authorization
- Intro to the Recommendation Process
- Inviting and Assigning Recommenders
- Common App Payment and Submission